HOW TO FIX!!!! Bootcamp Installation Error: "MacPro nbot starting" shows black screen

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I’ve made a BootCamp on my Mac Pro to install Windows 7. I believe that I’ve deleted the wrong partition and format my HD that contained Lion X application while trying to install Windows 7.
Now I am in a situation where Windows 7 could not be installed & Mac Pro is not starting.
:
1-When I restart Mac Pro it boots showing a black screen.

2- If I reboot Mac Pro, pressing Option/Alt key. It boots showing a gray screen and I only see a mouse pointer: but with no bootable device.

Question:
How to get Mac Pro working again?
Is there a way to recover my files from the HD?
I have not made any backup.

Thanks for your assistance.
Regards,
Ney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No backups no good news alas.

Think you are up for an erase and install of OS X and start BootCa,mp over again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just in case you didn't actually format the partition but wiped out the Lion boot sector, try doing a PRAM reset.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your reply.

I've tried PRAM reset. By pressing Option/P/R/ keys, unfortunately it's not working.
Now I need to re-install Lion X.
My question are:
If I use another hard drive for installation on tray1.
Would it be possible to recovery my files on my previous MacPro HD that I'll be putting on tray 2?
What would be the best option to recover my files?
Thanks for your assistance.
Ney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not if you have deleted them but by all means give it a try. Data Recovery 3 offers a demo version and if the files are visible may well be worth the asking price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.