Burning music for older cd players

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have downloaded, some music with a WAV format (Not iTune) I stored the download on an USB, then I selected all track, right clicked and selected "burn to cd" I played the recorded CD on my iMac OSX 10.6.8 but i noticed that if i insert the cd it doesn't play automaticaly, I have to open and select the track.

Also it doesn't play on my cd player( CD player latest model plays all format).
The main reason for the download is to burn a CD for a friend who happen to have an older cd player, I am at a loss 1) Why it doesn't play on my player? and what chance do I have to make play on my friend's older player?

Any help is appreciated in this matter, all my previous burning were from itune direct,no problem with that

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You have to burn the music as "audio" otherwise it will not play in most CD players. Some of the newer players in automobiles can play MP3 disks but it's always better to use the audio format.

Also, make sure the music you downloaded is not copyrighted and that you can legally duplicate it.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I just transfered the downloads to iTune and burned them that way.
Live to fight another day
Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.