• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How is WoW so smooth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
I'm just trying to get info from some people who know much more than I do right now about the inner-workings of an MMO. I want to know why no other game I've played comes anywhere near how smooth WoW's character and camera movement are. WoW's movement response from keyboard/mouse to the character and screen is flawless and exact. Every other MMO I've played doesn't operate as smooth as that and you feel a delay in character movement and even jaggedness in the camera movements. Even GW2 which I just started playing doesn't have movement as smooth as WoW's and they were working on this game for years. I just wish something could be done for other developers to recreate the same smoothness you get from WoW because playing GW2 is nice since it feels nothing like WoW and feels like an actual new game. The movement just leaves a bit to be desired.

Reference for those who don't know:

WoW = World of Warcraft
GW2 = Guild Wars 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.