DNS configuration with roaming wireless

Reaction score
Hi folks

I just don't have enough DNS-foo to sort this out.

Billion BiPAC 7402GL modem/router with 4 port switch
No problems connecting to my ISP
I have 3 devices connected to the Billion via ethernet
1 Time capsule
2 airport express

all 3 are set to Create a Wireless network with identical network name and security
all are in bridge mode
all get IP addresses via DHCP on the Billion and the Billion does NAT
DNS for all 3 is set to the IP of the Billion
DNS on the Billion is set to my ISP DNS (and I have the same problems if I set the DNS on the Billion to OpenDNS or Google's)

I have problems with some websites intermittently not loading - and for all the world it looks like a DNS problem - stale entries in a cache etc etc.

The computers connected via wifi to the network all have DHCP and their DNS set to the IP of the Billion.

Is this configuration correct?

I hope I have described the configuration clearly - three wireless access points all connected via ethernet to a model/switch.

with many thanks

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
I would use the "extend airport" option in the Time Capsule rather than setup a back fed WIFI network with in essence three separate WAPs.

Put the Billion as a bridge and use the Time Capsule for routing. Set the Time Capsule to provide DHCP with public DNS servers (provided your ISP will allow public DNS).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.