app icons missing

Reaction score
I've changed my icons in some of my apps. Some changed successfully; the changed icons can be seen in the launchpad and dock. However, the system preferences has no icon in the dock, as well as the google chrome, iTunes and system preferences again in the launchpad. Ugh. Don't know what to do. :'(:'(:'( Btw, Mac Lion 10.7.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
How did you change them? Did you replace the actual icon file inside the app, or drag an icon file onto the image in the "Get Info" window for the apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just found out that CandyBar, an icon organizer for OS X, is now free. It can replace system icons and individual app icons with ease. They don't officially support it anymore and the future is uncertain, but I can attest that it works very well. Just don't do anything rash like delete the backups it makes.
Panic Blog » CandyBar, Mountain Lion, and Beyond

OP
P
Reaction score
I changed it by copying and pasting the icon in the Get Info... And do you know why there are some icons that do not have their "supposedly" icons? I mean, the icon in its get info is not the same icon. Sometimes, it would be the icon of png or jpg...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.