Spell check

Reaction score
Hello I am pretty new to MAC and brand-new to this forum. Please excuse me it I have posted this in the wrong spot. My question is this;

I need a widget for my "dashboard" for a spell check. I love the feature built in to the mac os that I have (instantly checks my spelling as I type just about every where I type) However I can't find a "widget" that works for my Dashboard... I don't like having to open an entire application when I want to check my spelling on a word or two (I am a horrible speller and I use my computer all the time to do a quick check on randoms words that I write durning my day) any suggestion as to an app or widget that I can have on my "dashboard" for a quick check?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not really sure what you're trying to do with a spell check widget, but here's one for free: Spelling Bee

OP
B
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you're trying to do with a spell check widget, but here's one for free: Spelling Bee

I tried downloading that one and I wouldn't let me ( something about as of april 2012 no more yahoo widget can be downloaded) I would like to not have to open my browser or word or some other application when I would like to check my spelling. Like if I am writing a letter to someone by hand... (YES sometimes people still do that! LOL ) and I want to check if I am spelling a word correctly. I would like to walk over to my computer flick three fingers upwards click my dashboard and type a word. ;)

M

MacInWin

Well, on my system in Safari the spell checker works, and it does in Word, so what other application are you talking about?

Reaction score
spell check

Yes, mee tooo.
When writing an email from my "me.com" account.
How do I use a spell checker?
Thanks.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
There's a dictionary widget built into OS 10.8 (and 10.7 IIRC). Use a three-finger swipe to the right to show the widget screen, then use the plus-icon to add a new widget: one of them is a dictionary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.