Question

Reaction score
Hey all -

Hope all is well with everyone. I am trying to upload my resume to a website. However, it does not recognize the document from pages. Is there a way to make it a MS word document so that I could upload it with out having to purchase MS office? Thank you in advance for all the help.

Hwilensky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can export a pages document under File > EXport to MS word format

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to the correct forum. Not really a "Switcher" question. And please... be more descriptive for your title. "Help" titles are general. Everyone who has a problem needs help. ;D

As far as your resume is concerned, save it in Pages as a MS Office document. Use either *.doc or *.docx both of which are supported by Pages. The other choice you have is to save it to *.pdf which should also be OK for a resume.

OP
H
Reaction score
Moved to the correct forum. Not really a "Switcher" question. And please... be more descriptive for your title. "Help" titles are general. Everyone who has a problem needs help. ;D

As far as your resume is concerned, save it in Pages as a MS Office document. Use either *.doc or *.docx both of which are supported by Pages. The other choice you have is to save it to *.pdf which should also be OK for a resume.

Sorry about the title, you are absolutley right. I should have been more specific. Back to the problem at hand. I do not see the option to save as. All I see is the save feature. Am I doing something wrong??

Reaction score
It should be in the menu bar under: "Share" -> "Export..." From there you can export your document in MS Word format or as pdf.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.