Blocked Plug-in

Reaction score
I keep getting "blocked plug-in" message onmy Mac Book Pro and don't really know what that means and/or how to unblock it

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Can you be a little more specific? Does this happen with a particular browser or some other type of application? Does it tell you what plug-in is causing the problem?

OP
S
Reaction score
I am using Safari. I think the problem might be adobe flash, but I'n not sure. It seems like I'm getting a lot of "Blocked plugin" messages

arn

Reaction score
pop up block; same subject

me too same problem.........was not happening before......think it started when i tried to install an update for adobe

Reaction score
me too, not sure how to fix it, help please,
I have vmware fusion and the same thing is happening on windows side through internet explorer.
I believe I updated adobe flashplayer recently and not sure why it would make this start doing this but thats the only reason i can think of.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you've recently upgraded Flash, try reinstalling it. Unless you've got a Flash blocking add-on installed (which you would have had to do consciously), Flash won't get blocked by your browser.

Can any of you provide a link to a page where this is happening?

Reaction score
I have been getting these messages on MacBook Pro with Safari ever since updating to Mountain Lion. The one I'm concerned with now is downloading a weather radio from a local TV station. Any thoughts on where to go or how to unblock plug-ins?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update them. Safari no longer loads plug-ins if it finds that they are out-of-date.

Reaction score
Blocked Plug-ins

I just started today to read this thread. Everything was working fine until I updated java that was posted on my computer (iMac) today. 7.10 I think. Anyway, I go to several chat rooms but now all I get is a message " Blocked plug-in". I have no clue what plug-in is being blocked, how to find out or how to remedy the situation. Thanks for any help. BTW, I'm
using Safari.

C

chas_m

Mozilla has blocked the Java plug-in as well because of the security issue.

Oracle has said they will have a fix out on Tuesday. In the meantime, you Safari and FF people can relax ... it's been turned off automatically for your protection.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unless you're using Opera, everyone should be okay (Chrome doesn't work with Java 7 which in the case might finally be a good thing).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.