SSD for late 2008 aluminium macbook

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking into taking the optical drive out of my macbook and replacing it with a crucial m4 128gb ssd. Has anyone done this successfully? And what I really need to know is what hard drive bay I need to get for the ssd? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Hi, I'm looking into taking the optical drive out of my macbook and replacing it with a crucial m4 128gb ssd. Has anyone done this successfully? And what I really need to know is what hard drive bay I need to get for the ssd? Thanks

You will come across lots of problems with that. The M4 is a 6G SATA3 card, while your MB is SATA2 at highest. OWC(Other World Computing) offers an OptiBay Data Doubler to stick an SSD in the optical drive bay. It's reputable, as are their SSD options. Go with one of their 3G SATA2 SSD options as they are specifically designed to run best with Apple computers.

OP
H
Reaction score
Sorry my mistake. It's the crucial v4 I was looking at which i think should sort the problems you mentioned. Would this fit in the opting data doubler?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.