• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How to burn discs on my mini???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a mac mini, an external optical drive and Roxio Toast 11.
I tried to burn a movie (downloaded from the internet on my mini). Everything went all right and even quicker than a pc but when I played the dvd, it was all recorded on fast forward mode, without sound or subtitles. What am I doing wrong?
The media player I use to watch movies on my mini is VLC because Quick time doesn't always play.
Please answer me in plain English because I am not a computer expert
Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums.
All i can say is if this is a Pirated movie then chances are it was encoded wrong and there isnt much that could be done, and if it isnt then then you could have the settings in RT11 wrong.
Try a free burning program called http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html open it. Choose Video and then DVD-Video and click burn. Nothing else to do apart from sit back and wait. it will encode on the fly so might take a little longer than expected because of this.
I suggest this as i dont knowRoxio Toast.
My question to you is, why, if you are watching the DVD's on your Mini through VLC, why you arent just watching the video file straight through VLC ?? wouldnt that be easier ??

Anyways HTH

Cheers

OP
V
Reaction score
Thank U for yr prompt reply.
Unfortunately Burn doesn't read avi files
Maybe I need to adjust the Roxio settings or find another burner

When I burned dvds on my pc with dvd converter it was ever so easy
Yr question: yes I watch movies on vlc on mini but sometimes I want to go on holidays and take dvds on my portable dvd player

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
We don't discuss or help activities related to piracy..we're done here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.