HELP: Trying to back up iPad to new MacBook

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hoping someone can help me.

Basically, I a iPad that i need to back up to my mac before i send it into repairs (screen suddenly went blank..)

the issue is that my mac was recently wiped clean, thus i've lost any back ups so when i connect my iPad to my mac it does not sync my content automatically to my mac

How to i retrieve the contents on my iPad and back it up to my Mac?

cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You have to give us more info about your Mac. Which version of OS X is it running? You may be able to back up your iPad to the cloud. Also, do you have iTunes running on your Mac (you said it was wiped clean)?

OP
A
Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply.

MBP OSX 10.6, i have installed iTunes (latest edition), but because it's the first time i've sync it with my MBP, it provides me with an option to erase my iPad, which i don't want to do because i got heaps of info i want to back up first

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't use iCloud but you can use iTunes to backup your iPad. Follow the instructions in this Apple KB article. Follow them carefully: LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.