Moving photos between iPhoto files

Reaction score
Just purchased my first mac, an 27"iMac upon which to use Photoshop. Got tired of Microsoft screwing up Photoshop and having to reboot ever hour or two.

Purchased David Pogue's Missing Manual and it has helped, a little.

I photograph sporting events, and need to keep my photos in folders, so the sub-events in a sporting event are all under a main title. Pogue says this can ONLY be done with folders. OK, makes some sense to me. But when I have multiple compact flash cards of the same sub-event, how do I move photos from one folder to another without creating a sub-folder?

When I drag a photo from one folder to another, iPhoto puts it in a sub folder. I want the photo in with the rest of the photos. I'm very confused.

Dave

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I use folders in Aperture, but don't really use iPhoto anymore, so not sure why you are getting a subfolder auto-generated here.

What happens if you drag the photos up from the subfolder and drop them on the main folder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.