Looking for Windows 7 game suggestions

Reaction score
I recently installed Windows 7 on my iMac and I'm looking for suggestions for games that would run well on my system. I have a 27' 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 and AMD Radeon HD 6770M model with an upgrade to 12GB of RAM. The games I own and enjoy on my iMac are Bioshock 1/2, Deus Ex, Batman:AA, Diablo 3, The Witcher, and Limbo. Any suggestions for Windows games that I may enjoy and would run well on my system would be appreciated.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

The Mass Effect trilogy is fun. I'm finishing up ME 3 now on my XBOX, also check out Batman: Arkham City, a very nice sequel to Arkham Asylum..

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to download some demos when I get home later, and I'll check out the Mass Effect games. I'm really curious to see how games run on the Windows side of things. So far the only game I downloaded and ran on Windows 7 was Alan Wake (there was a great Steam deal), and it had a lot of performance issues. I basically had to turn all of the settings way down to even make the game playable. I did some research and saw that a lot of people noted that that particular game was super demanding on pretty much all hardware, so I'm hoping it's more the exception than the rule, but it was a little disheartening. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Mass Effect games run, particularly the new one.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I can't really comment on the game performance itself. I gave up being a PC gamer some 10+ years ago when I found myself constantly needing to upgrade some piece of hardware to play the latest game..I enjoy the freedom of buying any console game I want and knowing that I can put it in and be playing without having to worry about upgrading something..

So ME plays great on my XBOX..:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I put Windows 7 on my iMac just so I could play The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim. You may want to check that one out.

OP
B
Reaction score
I put Windows 7 on my iMac just so I could play The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim. You may want to check that one out.

I surely will. Could you tell me what model of iMac you have? Does the game run well? I was actually able to greatly improve the performance of Alan Wake by lowering the resolution, and the game still looked really good, so I'm feeling better about trying new games now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I have the late 2009 27" iMac, ATI 4850 512 MB graphics, 12GB RAM. The game runs great. I do run it at Medium settings since I do only have 512 MB of video RAM, but it still looks as good to me as my wife's running on high on her PC with 2GB of video RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.