Unlock iPhone 4s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" i5 Macbook Pro
I have an iphone 4s from att and it's not out of contract yet, I asked apple and they said that att can unlock it after 90 days, so I asked att and they can't unlock it for me. And I'm going on a trip to another country soon so I don't want to pay their expensive travel fee, can anybody help me unlock it?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4s | iPad 2 | 21.5" iMac 2.7GHz 1TB
What was att's reason for not being able to unlock it? When i have had to unlock phones in the past it has always been through the network so in this case att.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Unless I'm mistaken, AT&T will not unlock phones that are still in contract. Once you are out of contract, they will gladly unlock the phone for you. They are subsidizing the phones price with the locked contract, so they're not going to want you to go a cheaper alternative.

Not sure why Apple would suggest otherwise..

OP
Random_Person
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" i5 Macbook Pro
Unless I'm mistaken, AT&T will not unlock phones that are still in contract. Once you are out of contract, they will gladly unlock the phone for you. They are subsidizing the phones price with the locked contract, so they're not going to want you to go a cheaper alternative.

Not sure why Apple would suggest otherwise..

then is there any way to unlock it?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There might be ways, but you'll have to Google that information I don't know what is..I have neither a jailbroken nor a unlocked iPhone..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.