Font pack causes operating system problems?

H

handyandy09

I've been an Apple user for about 9 months now, and my PowerBook had run flawlessly for the duration. However, earlier today, I made the mistake of installing a font pack that took up almost 1.5 GB of memory. As I was adding it to Font Book, my computer behaved strangely, slowing down considerably and even focing me to restart manually due to a lock up. When I returned to my computer several hours later, it was working fine barring a much slower startup, an excruciatingly slow opening of Microsoft Word, and a slight distortion in the iCal icon in the dock. What is wrong, and what can I do to fix it? Also, is it possible to do a system restore on Apple?

OP
S

Scottmatic

I had a similar problem when I installed many fonts. Im a design student so having lots of fonts is necessary. I found linotypexplorer X (should be on mac update) which is basically like itunes for fonts. As i only use a few fonts i only keep the ones i need installed. Im able to view uninstalled fonts and all these fonts dont slow up my system.

Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.