2008 aluminium 2.0GHz /2.4GHz mix and match

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Unibody Macbook
I bought a faulty aluminium macbook today... but the seller neglected to mention that the screen was blank :Grimmace: :Angry:

It powers up ok from hdd and system disk, chimes, and shuts down, but there seems to be no power at all to the screen. The apple logo on case cover never lights up, and no flicker or anything. There *is* a decent dint on the corner of the case near the left screen bottom.

I have two questions -
1. Is there a likely loose connector that is the culprit, or is the lcd probably dead ?
2. Can i remove the backlit keyboard and/or 2.4GHz cpu and put them in my fully working 2.0GHz unibody?

Thanks.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Unibody Macbook
Hmm - well i have had the thing apart. I reseated the display data connector for no improvement. I can't find a power connector ? So i'll just wait for my mini-displayport adapter to arrive to see what is working properly before anything else.

Answering my own question - No, CPUs are soldered and arent replaceable. Yes, keyboards are interchangeable, but the 2.0GHz mobo may, or may not, have a socket for the backlight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.