Filled internal drive

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I would appreciate if one of the moderators would move it to the right place if necessary.

I've noticed that my internal boot volume has filled up really fast. I have an external firewire HD with most of my stuff on it. My internal drive only has my 30gb iTunes Library, 15gb iPhoto Library, and OS X Installation. Then how is it that I have only 30gb of a 160gb internal drive remaining? I don't have that many apps installed. I do have Photoshop and Final Cut Studio, but this wouldn't cause this alone? Something doesn't add up.

What can I do to see where the problem is? I can give more specifics if necessary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If it's a fairly new computer, then you can say about 2 Gigs are print drivers, languages, keyboard layouts, etc... Monolingual and Delocalizer can remove these. (I saved 1.7GB).

A really good *free* program is DiskInventoryX. It lets you see exactly what's on your harddrive and how much space it's taking up. Download and run it to see what's taking up so much space.

Check these out and see if you can save some space. :mac:

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. But it's more than 2gb''s of stuff that I need. I'm downloading the DiskInventoryX as we speak.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.