Help me with my FULL start up disk

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been working on uploading my photos to an online back up site. I deleted over 300 high resolution photos last night, and my disk is STILL full! How can that be???

Also, and I'm sorry for my ignorance, but should I be doing anything to clean up my computer on a regular basis? Sorta like defragging a PC?

Any/all advice is totally welcomed!

Thank you so much

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Empty your Trash can.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi,
I have been working on uploading my photos to an online back up site. I deleted over 300 high resolution photos last night, and my disk is STILL full! How can that be???

Did you actually EMPTY the trash. Don't laugh...it has happened before!;)

Sending the files to the trash does not delete them.

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
Yes, I have emptied the trash can... :)
And since I've posted, I've deleted some files I downloaded from online. Probably not huge, but deleted nevertheless...
And it the amount of space, which is none, STILL hasn't opened up! I don't get it! I can't even burn things in order to delete them off the computer!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, we just wanted to be sure you were in fact emptying the trash. You probably have some hidden files or folder or something that's hard to spot. Try downloading the free Disk Inventory X which will give you a graphical view of what's on the hard drive. You may be able to find out what to delete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.