Share printer between TC primary and guest network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2Ghz Intel Core i7, 8 GB Ram, 750 GB HD, OSX 10.8.2
Is it possible to share a printer between TC primary and guest networks?
I understand these are two separate networks but was hoping there was a way to do this.
I put the printer on the primary network (I tried wireless and wired) but could not print from the guest network...and vice versa (printer on guest network but could not print from primary network). One thread mentioned using the "add wireless clients feature" with a pin but
1. I could not find or create the pin. (The "First to connect" feature won't work for me either)
2. I want something a little more seamless.
Any help is appreciated.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Just based on the networks alone this is not possible and should never be possible as allowing traffic across the two network essentially negates the whole purpose to begin with.

And the "Add Wireless Clients" feature is targeted more towards allowing known clients to join a network without having to enter the network password.

Say for example you have a TV or XBOX or other device that an join the network but entering the network password each time is pain without a keyboard and a long password. In these instances you can save the device's credentials (name and MAC address) in the Time Capsule and that way these devices will join the network without the password.

This is different then what you want to accomplish..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.