Blank CD Not Shown on Desktop

J

Joey Ace

I'm new to Mac. I have a new 15"PB/Superdrive/Panther.

When I insert a blank CD isn't an icon supposed to appear on the Desktop? It doesn't.

I can burn CDs no problem via iTunes.

1.) Is there a setting somewhere to enable this?

2.) Is there a program in Panther similar to the PC's Roxio EZCD Creator. (free or cheap - simple and easy) to make data CDs?

Thanks!

OP
U

unl33t

Joey Ace said:
I'm new to Mac. I have a new 15"PB/Superdrive/Panther.

When I insert a blank CD isn't an icon supposed to appear on the Desktop? It doesn't.

I can burn CDs no problem via iTunes.

1.) Is there a setting somewhere to enable this?

2.) Is there a program in Panther similar to the PC's Roxio EZCD Creator. (free or cheap - simple and easy) to make data CDs?
regretfully, not quite... roxio makes "toast" for mac, whitch is essentially the same program. it runs about $100
Thanks![/QUOTE

not having tried panther yet (hopefully soon) i can only suggest what can be done via jag. it might be similar...

under system prefrences, click on CD & DVD under hardware. from there you might have a dropdown menu(s) to tell the system if/how to notify you when you insert a CD. any Panther pros, feel free to correct me on this if i'm wrong :)

OP
J

Joey Ace

OK Now!

Thanks, you led me to the right area.

In SYS PREF > "CDs & DVDs" there's a drop down that asks what to do when a CD is inserted.

If "Open iTunes" is selected, the CD icon does not appear on the Desktop.

I changed it to "Open Finder" and now the icon is on the desktop, ready to have files dragged into it.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

a blank disc when inserted wont load on the desktop it has no image to mount so inessence ... you dont see it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.