• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

UK Mac-Forum Users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
Hey,

It seems as though this forum is heavily biased in the favour of US mac users but I have noticed a few UK users on here.. So arms aloft and lets see who you are and where you are from.

So I will start off by saying that I am based on the Yorkshire/Lancashire border so its good news for the trafford centre/meadowhalll stores just being opened..

I have been using macs for about 2 years now so not a newbie but probably still have a lot to learn..

Anyway, I hope this post gets some responses...

Homer_J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I currently live in the US but am from the Stafford/Birmingham area.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
I live in sheffield and work in the Meadowhall store :D:D

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Portsmouth.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
i'm from a small town in county durham!

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool, great to hear from all of you.. So whats all your experience with using macs? I guess inflexion must be ok with finding his way around one if he can get a job working for them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
homer_j said:
Cool, great to hear from all of you.. So whats all your experience with using macs? I guess inflexion must be ok with finding his way around one if he can get a job working for them...
I've been on Macs all my life but I've just recently got rid of all the PCs in my life (yes amazingly even at work).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yea im not too bad with them thanks but using winblows and linux and a mixture of stuff inbetween has helped with the knowledge.
We also have a great team so we can support each other when our own knowledge runs out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.66 GHz 8 GB
Im in London and i had a mac 15 years ago, we had to take out a loan againest the house, in retrospect it was a useless piece of junk. I have had my powerbook for a year now they have come along way!!! my old PC is sitting in the corner i think i'll just leave it there..........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey there :)

I’m from Doncaster (South Yorkshire) But am currently living in Hull as I'm at University here (Lincoln University's Hull Campus) Studying BA(Hons) Interactive Multimedia.

I only really started using MAC when I came to University; my first Apple product was an iPod Mini which I bought just before starting Uni. It then progressed to a 12" iBook G4 and now a 20GB iPod Photo which has replaced my mini. My course is mainly Mac based, with a studio full of power Macs.

I have been using MAC now for about 2 years and still have loads to learn but I must say, I love it! And as soon as I can afford it I’m going to get myself a 17" iMac G5 ;)

I still use Windows a lot because with my course, and the nature of designing for web/CD and game based content things have to be cross platform so it pays to keep in toe with both Mac and Windows platforms as they are the main two we design for.

Anyways, Thats me!

Regards,

Chris.

S

soulful

Hey Hey

:headphone From bromley, Kent Right next to london.

ahh the joy of being a new mac user... :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
In Oxford, mac user for a year or so and enjoying every moment of it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Maidenhead, Berks, mac user for ever, but have pcs too. Just bought a new iPod 30GB from the Regent Street store today! I'm so excited! AND!!!! My new 20" imac coming tomorrow!
A

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, its great knowing that there is a uk presence on the forum. Is anybody part of a mac user group?

I was thinking of maybe trying to start an online one up? If anybody thinks it is a good idea, I would love to try and get something going?

Reaction score
Hi, I am from London. My first eperience with MAC started 2 and half year ago. Now I am left with broken Macbook pro logic board, looking forward to repair..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Upper Windsor (cough cough) actually Slough Berkshire

Been using Macs since art college, bough my first LC475 Mac in the 90s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Hi I'm Marty and I'm a British macaholic... :D

I live just on the outskirts of Edinburgh.

Moved to the Apple way of live in the Summer of 2008 with a PowerMac G5 - which was actually my dream computer throughout high school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
I live in Norfolk. I made a topic here about the fact Macs have no British voices which is a shame for people us lot if you use the speech features. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1-OCZ SDD, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPod Nano6G, MacBook Air 4.2
I'm in Milton Keynes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.