• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

UK Mac-Forum Users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
08 13" 2.0Ghz MacBook, 09 21.5" iMac, 32GB iPhone 3Gs, 30GB iPod 3G, 16GB iPod Nano 5G, 512m Shuffle
I'm near Birmingham, switched from windows late 2008 with a 13" unibody MacBook. I now also have a 21.5" iMac, 32GB iPhone 3GS and an Airport express base station amongst other things such as other family iPods.
Haven't made my mind up if I want an iPad yet, my 11 yr old brother will no doubt want one so I'll just steal his...

Reaction score
london but just moved to the burbs, walton on thames to be precise where i now have enough room for my own studio in the garden where i can makew as much noise as i like and not get council noise restraining orders placed against me....happy days

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.4 GHz 2 GB
Neil from Mansfield

Hi I live in Mansfield in the East Midlands and have used a Mac for around 1 year. I can't wait for the IPad to be released and find myself desperately trawling the internet searching for the answer, which is not there!

Neil Gascoyne

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I'm a Yank but lived out in Suffolk for 10 years and loved it!
I've been a Mac addict for over 2 years now with my MBP, iPhone and iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
A UK forum sounds like a jolly good idear!
I say!!
Tally **!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its big white and awesome and has a matching phone :)
I live in Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland.

My brother has always used Macs since Uni, and got an iPhone on the day they were released in the UK, and has currently had every revision of it since then.

Ive always tinkered about with them, and secretly wanted one for years.

Then last year when it came to the mobile phone upgrade I decided to get an iPhone 3G S 16Gb, after playing with my brothers phones (and him giving me the hard sell of course).

not long after that, brother decided his funds would stretch to an all singing all dancing Mac Pro, so he bought a new one, and I bought his old one.

Have now migrated almost full time to Mac - use my PC for menial tasks as I am yet to find software on the mac that does what I want just as simply, without overly complex menus and preferences.

Still prefer Mac, always have, just been scared to migrate fully - until now. Even installed VMWare Fusion running Windows 7, for those PC moments, which is well worth getting, and far better than VirtualBox, which was previously installed, all be it free.

Oh and as a wee footnote ..... the girlfriend, after playing with my phone, got her iPhone last week :) Now, to just get her onto using an iMac lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Born in Wolverhampton in the West Midlands, lived in Shropshire for a couple of decades, now living in Finland.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I visited the UK a few times - does that count?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Lancashire, ..... towards Blackpool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Hi folks, I am totally new to Macs and my iMac is on its way as we speak, I hope! The 21 1/2" looks like a lovely piece of kit..

I live in the S of France near the beautiful old Cité of Carcassonne after moving over 5 1/2 years back from Stroud Glos. We came over for the warm sunshine and to prove it the rain is nearly horizontal at the moment!

Reaction score
buying new imac but from where

Hi All,

Just about to buy a new imac. There is of course the Apple Store and there is also a shop called Square: London Apple Premium Reseller | Square Group | GHC
They are Authorised apple dealers and seem to offer a superior after sales care package then apple... They have a repair centre in london and offer a 3-4 day turn around for repairs, where apple, I believe is 10-11 days... They also offer remote access and all the other stuff that you get from apple.

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them, could offer any advice of experiences with Applecare or Square...

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Hello each. I am originally from Penshaw in County Durham but have been living in the Scottish Borders since 1992. Currently in Duns, roughly 14 miles west of Berwick Upon Tweed. Been on Macs now since 2009.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
I'm from Wales, Rhondda Valley.
New mac user, and loving it

Reaction score
Hi, Dedicated Mac user family from Yorkshire side of Yorkshire Lancashire Border, Loving all things Mac, It's about time we had a UK group/forum

Reaction score
Mac user of 2 years near Tamworth, Staffs. Moved up from Luton 5 years ago to take a job where I use a lovely, heavyweight, Toughbook. Got an iPhone on contract 2 years ago and saw the light, resulting in the purchase of 2 13" Macbook Pros with the generous 15% NUS discount. I'm studying German and French at the Open University which is totally awesome.

Reaction score
UK Based

I have just joined the forums. I am from Leyland, Lancashire originally from cumbria. I do Have an American daughter in Law and three brilliant American grand children.

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm from London, too - Quite literally spitting distance from eXcel :)

As far as Macs go, the first one I owned was a Mac II (remember those?! ;P) and I've had Macs almost constantly since the days of the G3 B/W :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.