Apple TV "Doesn't Work"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's got to be something to do with your router.

1. Allocate a fixed IP to the AppleTV. See page 41 of the router manual. You'll need the MAC address of the AppleTV with you can get from the ATV network settings.
2. Make sure you're using WPA or WPA2 in your wireless security settings. Page 26 onwards
3. Change the channel your wireless is broadcasting on. Ideally use a tool like iStumbler on your Mac to find the least crowded channel. If not pick 11 and try that. Then pick 6 and try that. Then pick 3 and try that. Use the one that works best.
4. Try both channel bandwidths 20 or 20/40

OP
T
Reaction score
Mates, a bit late, sorry. But i've fixed it!. I solved it with the new options to configure a manual IP, DNS and that. Thank you soo much for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Glad you got it working. Thanks for posting back

Reaction score
yea this isn't normal for me. i just got one of these and i leave the sleep setting on, only because i don't know how to actually turn it off without unplugging it or manually putting it to sleep. and even when its asleep airplay shows up, actually i usually turn it on through my ipod.

so my guess is that maybe its not staying connected to your wifi for what ever reason, it would be easy to check this out just by trying to use an application that requires internet or checking your network connections.

also does anyone know if its possible to browse the web through apple tv? or maybe get a pandora ap or any other aps for for that matter? i mean its no big deal doing everything through my ipod/laptop but it just seems like the tv should be able to do somethings on its own like it does with netflix.

edit: oops nevermind i didn't notice there was a second page here lol, glad you figured out the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.