CanoScan 8400F Film Scanner for Mac?

M

mode7girl

I'm looking for a decent quality, relatively efficient film scanner to use with a G5 iMac to archive hundreds of film negatives from over the years. My budget is around $200 to spend on the scanner and it seems that the Canon CanoScan 8400F looks like a good choice. Has anyone used this scanner or archived film negatives with another scanner and have an opinion about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
mode7girl said:
I'm looking for a decent quality, relatively efficient film scanner to use with a G5 iMac to archive hundreds of film negatives from over the years. My budget is around $200 to spend on the scanner and it seems that the Canon CanoScan 8400F looks like a good choice. Has anyone used this scanner or archived film negatives with another scanner and have an opinion about it?
I havent used the scanner for negatives but I have for photos and it works great...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.