Time Capsule problem

Reaction score
I switched from DSL to cable and as part of that had to do a soft reset on my Time Capsule so that it would function as a wireless router for the new cable modem. After that, Time Capsule backups stopped working with this message when I try to "Backup Now"--"The backup disk is not available." It works fine as a wireless router and no other problems with it since the change to cable. How can I get the backups to work again. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What you've done shouldn't have impact Time Machine.

Are you able to mount and browse the disk?

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, the disk appears in Finder and I can browse through my backups from before the switch from DSL to cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you tried going through System Preferences - TIme Machine and selecting the mounted disk?

OP
M
Reaction score
That did it--thanks. The disk showed as mounted in the Time Machine preferences but apparently had to be reselected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.