Several Random Purchased Music Not Working?

Reaction score
I went to play a song I purchased through iTunes and when I clicked on it, it just displayed the song for a second and then switched to another. I then tried another song I purchased, but when I clicked on it, it played a totally different song, but said it was the song I played. Some other purchased songs won't even play. Please keep in mind it is just my purchased list (as far as I know so far.) I even tried playing from the normal list and still will not work. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What Mac, version of OS X and iTunes?

Can you do a test on the file, to do that open up Finder and go to where the music is located (usually Music/iTunes in your home directory) and then once you find the music files, select one of them. Hit the spacebar and this should make Finder preview/play the song. If that works, then the issue is with iTunes. If the song doesn't play then the files possibly corrupted..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.