Iphoto and jpeg files

Reaction score
I have IPhoto 08 with numerous digital pics that I want to save on a DVD before removing them to an archival backup. This will free up considerable space on my MacBook Pro. The pictures were taken at various times and the sequencing the camera utilized has resulted in many repeated jpeg file numbers. When I would shoot on a different day the camera would start the files at 1.jpeg and on through to the end. When I move all of the jpeg pics to my Burn Folder error messages keep coming up that there already is a file by that name and do I want to replace it or not, etc. I want to burn all of them to the DVD. So I went to batch file and changed the name so there would not be a conflict. Therefore instead of IMG or DSC_12.jpeg I simply had the batch filing start with a name, Wedding1.jpeg and Wedding2.jpeg. However a copy to the Burn Folder produces the same result. The original numbering system from the camera remains. Is there any way to easily get around this road block without having to bring up each file and do a complete number change....which would take a long time considering the several thousands of pictures I want to burn to a DVD.
Thanks.
LJB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.