Virtual Machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4s 32GB IOS 5.0.1 / MBP 2011 2.2GHz intel i7 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, OSX 10.8
I finally got a macbook (Macbook pro 2011, OSX 10.8 , 2.2GHz intel i7 processor, 500GB hard drive and 4GB RAM) and after a day of using it.... I LOVE it, from the multi touch trackpad to the OS itself BUT I do NEED windows (mainly because I don't want to buy mac versions of software I have on windows) so I'm wondering if there are any VMwhear or Parallels like apps for VM'ing windows but free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 27" iMac i5-3.1GHz
VirtualBox

I think you'll find VirtualBox to be an AWESOME free solution for virtualization. I prefer it over VMware Workstation even (at least on the Windows platform I tried VMware Workstation on). It has some pretty impressive capabilities for multi-monitor support (I've not seen this feature offered by any competitor, free or otherwise) as well as very good snapshot management. Where you'll find VirtualBox lacking at the moment (they are continually improving it with each iterative update) is 3D graphics.

For a pay solution, I've used Parallels (their latest version is 7 as of now) with good success. It is also easy to migrate from VirtualBox images to Parallels later down the road if you like.

Hope this helps..

OP
Z31daG33k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4s 32GB IOS 5.0.1 / MBP 2011 2.2GHz intel i7 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, OSX 10.8
Now is there an application to make a ISO of my windows computer to boot with Virtualbox (like VMware's migration feature)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.