Aperture Update- should be simple answer

Reaction score
So this should be a simple thing- Aperture was updated (a while ago). I bought Aperture with my IMac. When I try to open Aperture (3 was installed) it asks for a serial number (only since said update- it ran fine before that). I have the Aperture 3 CD, but NOTHING I see/enter from the package is the serial number.

There's a sticker in the lower-right corner of the Aperture 3 CD case, with various strings of letters or numbers. None of them work as the serial number!

Can anyone help me out here? This is a completely legit version, bundled with the IMac... Not pirated!

Thanks.

Chris

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
You might try reinstalling Aperture from the CD then updating. Possible your original install is corrupted.

OP
C
Reaction score
You might try reinstalling Aperture from the CD then updating. Possible your original install is corrupted.

Good idea but I have a possibly dumb question- could that delete or overwrite any of my photo data? I doubt it since they're probably saved in another library folder, but just have to be sure.

Thanks.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good idea but I have a possibly dumb question- could that delete or overwrite any of my photo data? I doubt it since they're probably saved in another library folder, but just have to be sure.

Thanks.

Reinstalling will have no impact on your Aperture Libraries, but it's always a good idea to have a backup just in case.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks Razormac. I'd forgotten all about this. Re-installation went well.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Razormac. I'd forgotten all about this. Re-installation went well.

Thanks for letting me/us know. Glad it helped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.