External display (TV) not working in Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Macbook Pro 3,1
I have a late 2007 Macbook Pro. I use a DVI to AV convertor (RCA yellow video cable) to hook up my TV as a display. Since switching to Mountain Lion the TV no longer seems to be getting any signal. My computer seemed to act as if it was hooked up to a display, but no signal on the TV. Tried rebooting and such...nothing though. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
This is what apple is doing to 'kill' all the non tav users, the reason is with my mid 2009 mbp i switched to Mountain Lion and doing the same thing you have experienced, mini port via HDMI for me to display my tv, then I switched back to Lion, no problem. On my mid 2010 mbp, with ML installed, image on tv but audio comes out of mbp, with lion audio from TV. FYI either you live with lion or just have to forget about TV mirror from your MBP and apple wants you to spend money on iphone, ipad or mid 2011 MBP or after and Apple TV with airplay, If you are watching streaming videos such as netflex, try Roku and you can avoid using your mbp.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Macbook Pro 3,1
Thanks for the reply, good to know I'm not the only one. What is a "non tav" user?

It really seems weird... I don't get why the OS change would make the external output to my TV no longer work though... Its a function that the computer is just supposed to be able to do... I'm going to try to figure it out.

I do use roku for most things, works great. It was just one show i was going to watch of my mothers online xfinity account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
atv correction. Non means those who do not own atv module.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.