Stock software?

D

DallasX

What is the software that comes standard with Tiger? I got my laptop about 4 days ago and curious as to why the Office Test Drive is already expired? I also wonder why I have OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner.

OP
S

SPOW05

What's the deal with Southerners and the confederate flag? In most places, it is taken as a symbol of Racists, not Rebels. Since you're a Texan, I would like to ask you which one it means to you, and why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
DallasX said:
What is the software that comes standard with Tiger? I got my laptop about 4 days ago and curious as to why the Office Test Drive is already expired? I also wonder why I have OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner.
Tiger (OS X 01.4) is the OS only. There is no extra software that comes included with it.
You will however, receive different software bundles when you purchase your computer. What is included in those bundles depends on where you buy it and when you bought it. If you are interested in seeng what Apple ships with it, then you can find it on the Apple site. The bundle is updated from time to time, so you would have to check the site for the latest incarnation.

OP
D

DallasX

SPOW05 said:
What's the deal with Southerners and the confederate flag? In most places, it is taken as a symbol of Racists, not Rebels. Since you're a Texan, I would like to ask you which one it means to you, and why?
Reply is here.

OP
D

DallasX

D3v1L80Y said:
Tiger (OS X 01.4) is the OS only. There is no extra software that comes included with it.
You will however, receive different software bundles when you purchase your computer. What is included in those bundles depends on where you buy it and when you bought it. If you are interested in seeng what Apple ships with it, then you can find it on the Apple site. The bundle is updated from time to time, so you would have to check the site for the latest incarnation.
I bought it a week and a half ago through a "3rd party."

I just looked at the modified date for the Office Test Drive and it reads December 12, 2004. Weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
SPOW05 said:
Thats not a confederate flag, that is the state flag of texas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
trpnmonkey41 said:
Thats not a confederate flag, that is the state flag of texas
I think he used to have one in his sig, but it looks like it was removed. Either way, I would tend to think that any comments or opinions about it really have no place in the thread. Not only is it completely off topic, its a bit rude and presumptuous to comment in such a fashion in a public thread. Just my two cents...:black:

Anyway, yeah... if you got the computer from a third party, then there really isn't any telling what software they might have included in their bundle. If the trial for MS Office has expired already, they might have had that system on their shelves for a while. Not really a bad thing, considering that you probably saved a ton of cash. Just might miss out on some of the trials and such.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.