PowerBook Battery

Reaction score
Was just wondering what the average "life" of a PowerBook batter was until you have to buy another due to it being unable to hold a charge, etc.?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There is no real definite answer to that question.
But if I were you, I would look HERE and HERE For some better answers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I still use my Powerbook from 4 years ago.. most of the batteries are still going strong. I have 3, but one of them is fried.. and has been for ages.. so I would say it's on a per battery basis :)

OP
youthpastor
Reaction score
Murlyn said:
I still use my Powerbook from 4 years ago.. most of the batteries are still going strong. I have 3, but one of them is fried.. and has been for ages.. so I would say it's on a per battery basis :)

I noticed in another post you stated that sometimes you pull the battery out and just run it plugged in. Does that help the battery run longer? So I don't need to go out and buy one now? I've only had mine for about a month now and was just wanting to make sure I wouldn't get "surprised" in six months and the battery is no good...

R

Redbull

youthpastor said:
I noticed in another post you stated that sometimes you pull the battery out and just run it plugged in. Does that help the battery run longer? So I don't need to go out and buy one now? I've only had mine for about a month now and was just wanting to make sure I wouldn't get "surprised" in six months and the battery is no good...

EDIT: Found the answer now. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz 15.4" MBP 1.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
I'm usually a stickler about how I use my battery, so I've had pretty good luck so far. I think if you periodically drain the battery completely and do a full charge, you'll be in good shape.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.