Slow boot up + boot camp issues.

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have recently been having some problems with my Retina MBP running Mountain Lion and Windows 7 on boot camp. Up until this point the Mac has been running fine, and even when I first installed Windows on a separate partition there were no problems.

Though now, for some reason, my laptop has become incredibly slow in booting up. If I don't hold down the option key to select the Windows partition then the Apple logo appears but I get the loading circle as well that lasts for up to a minute before it switches to the 'enter password' screen. I have NEVER had this before and it has always been super quick to start up. Any ideas?

As well as that, my keyboard has now stopped working on the boot camp side of things, meaning I can't even log into Windows as I can't type in my password. Oddly enough, the USB mouse I have plugged in works, but not the trackpad or keyboard. Very frustrating!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you made any changes to your system? Adding new software, hardware, etc? In other words, what has taken place since you first installed Windows 7 and now? Also, have you been making backups?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.