iSync Compatible Devices

D

daveh

I want to upgrade my mobile/cell phone, but it needs to be compatible with iSync (version 2.1.1) so that I can move/backup my data easily.

I found the following page on the apple web-site that apparently lists all compatible devices:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html

However, loads of the new phones are missing - for example the Motorola PEBL (V6). I have the Motorola RAZR (V3) at the moment, which sinks perfectly via bluetooth. Does this mean the V6 will work, even though it isn't listed?

Is there a way of finding out which devices will be supported in the future?? The list contains many from the 'big three' (Nokia, Motorola and Sony-Ericsson), but many of their new models are not listed.

I really don't want to order a new phone (with a 12 month contract) that will never be supported.

Any help greatfully received.

Dave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
daveh said:
I want to upgrade my mobile/cell phone, but it needs to be compatible with iSync (version 2.1.1) ........
Is there a way of finding out which devices will be supported in the future?? The list contains many from the 'big three' (Nokia, Motorola and Sony-Ericsson), but many of their new models are not listed.
The best thing to do would be to check the manufacturer's websites.
That and ask the person whom you buy your phone from.

OP
D

daveh

Thanks for the fast reply.

Most of the manufacturers website aren't very helpful, nor are the various sales people (although that could be perculiar to the UK).

I guess that all of the new phones could be iSync compatible, but the real question is which ones will apple choose to add the the next update of iSync.

Is there any way of finding this out? Would it be worth raising a support question with my AppleCare??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.