Help Request

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me with this problem I have with iMessage on my iMac.

When I text other people from this app the texts that are returned go to my daughters iPhone and the messages I write appear on her phone as if they were from her.

What do I have set wrong? :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you got the correct Apple ID set in iMessage's preferences?

imessage.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
I think that is the reason. I know that when I use it on my MBP it shows up one my wife's iPhone. The reason I believe is because it uses the email address on the iTunes account which all of your devices are using. When i text my wife's phone number it doesn't show up but when I text her email address it shows up on our computer also. That's what I THINK is happening. I hope I've explained this well enough.

OP
BCRose
Reaction score
That is what is happening. The question is, what settings can I change to make this not happen.

Shouldn't I be able to set this somewhere to NOT share? with certain devices?

We have 4 iPhones and one iMac. All set up with the same AppleID. The texts from the iMac iMessage only show up on one of the iPhones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
The truth is I don't know. I'm still experimenting with it myself. Sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.