Mac Pro pci ethernet cards?

Reaction score
OS 10.4.11

I need to replace my pci ethernet card (fried). Can anyone recommend an appropriate product?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

In a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro? Mac Pros do not come with a PCI-E card as it is inbuilt. Or is this an add on card in the Mac Pro such as USB3 installed in one of the vacant slots?

OP
W
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the forums.

In a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro? Mac Pros do not come with a PCI-E card as it is inbuilt. Or is this an add on card in the Mac Pro such as USB3 installed in one of the vacant slots?

Mac Pro. Since my initial post I figured out that it was inbuilt and that it must be the inbuilt element that is fried (lightning strike). I was thinking it would be less expensive to install a PCI-E card than to have the motherboard fixed. Does that make sense do you think? It is finding the right card that I am seeking help with. Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Methinks you are up for a logic board. The only place to fit a PCI-E card is in that slot you say is burnt out. One suggestion is see if you can borrow a Mac Pro gfx card to check things out. Another check your householders insurance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.