I mac late 2009 screen query

Reaction score
I have a late 2009 27 inch Imac, I was wondering how does the screen compare to recent 27 inch imac in terms of quality? (brightness, contrast ratio etc)

Whats the screens lifespan like? I heard some things about a yellow tint that appears and gets worse, not sure if this is something to consider. Also I was considering using it as a monitor for another computer (a PC) using target mode, is this a viable option, does using it as a monitor effect the response time relative to the other computer? Also what cable is required to make it work, i have a display port output on my PC but I don't think its a mini display port not sure how to connect them?

Hope someone can help, big thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you are going to use the iMac simply as a monitor ~ just buy a monitor at about 25% of the cost of a new iMac. If using as an iMac there is a big improvement on the current model over the 2009.

OP
R
Reaction score
I was just thinking of whether its worth using my 2009 Imac as a monitor for a pc or buying a new monitor for a pc, not sure how a 2009 I mac screen would compare to monitors around 300-400 mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.