I bought an iPad

OP
nickyr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
3 weeks in and basically the iPad has replaced our MacBook.

For any long use we still use the iMac but for get up and go browsing and other use then the iPad does it all. And of course there are the games on the larger screen.

Will be keeping the MacBook though - our daughter moves up to secondary school next week so I get the feeling we'll need all 3 devices soon.

Reaction score
Thanks dcu4ever and nickyr for the info. Much appreciated. I looked at the iPad in the Apple Store today. I would definitely have to get the external keyboard if I decide to get one. The replies are most appreciated.

Reaction score
I recently bought my first iPad also.

It's funny; when it first came out, I really - really - had doubts about it. I finally picked one up for reading & studying on my lunch break, but since I've had it I've used it for blogging (part time from home as an alternative income) and have been using my laptop less.

Never thought I'd use it so much, but it really is a useful tool to have. Plus, the HD games aren't half bad either :D

Reaction score
I recently bought my first iPad also.

It's funny; when it first came out, I really - really - had doubts about it. I finally picked one up for reading & studying on my lunch break, but since I've had it I've used it for blogging (part time from home as an alternative income) and have been using my laptop less.

Never thought I'd use it so much, but it really is a useful tool to have. Plus, the HD games aren't half bad either :D

I appreciate your remarks regarding the iPad. You've been very helpful in helping me make up my mind. I'm leaning towards purchasing one. Thanks again.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I went ahead and moved this thread from our off-topic forum, since we do actually have a forum specifically for iPad discussions (iPad Hardware & Accessories).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini PowerPC G4 Mac OS X 10.5.8 120 GIG HDD Ethernet
I brought the First Ipad model over a year ago, and I say it's only now that I'm fully using it's potential usefulness. I have now thrown out all my books (except for the baseball ones) and do all of my reading on the Ipad. :)

I use mine basically for everything

Bible reading
Email
Internet
e-reading
music
videos
games

:) I just love it. Don't need an Ipad 2 or 3 just yet, pretty happy with what I can get my ipad to do :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini PowerPC G4 Mac OS X 10.5.8 120 GIG HDD Ethernet
No worries mate. :) Hope you find it useful when you do eventually get it. Only problem with me eventually the Ipad 1 will not be compatible with most things, so I do tend to get Ipad 3 eventually, but for now I stick with what I got, still does what i want it to do. :)

Reaction score
Re: ShadowDan

I'm fairly sure I'll find it useful. I doubt I'll get the iPad 3, probably the 2. They're reasonably priced, though the 3 isn't a bad price. I'll see. Thanks for the reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.