Is it worth it to buy an Ipad3?

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and i'd like to ask you this question:
If it's the first time that you are buying an Ipad, would you spend a bit less and go for the Ipad2, or take immediately the Ipad3 even if its a bit more expensive?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and i'd like to ask you this question:
If it's the first time that you are buying an Ipad, would you spend a bit less and go for the Ipad2, or take immediately the Ipad3 even if its a bit more expensive?

Impossible for anyone other than yourself to answer. But, for me I would definitely pay $100 for better screen resolution and a slightly newer generation of equipment.

FWIW I have an iPad2 and am not upgrading, but if I was purchasing from scratch I would go, iPad3.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

I have the iPad 2 and been sharing with it my wife and daughter. My wife gets a small allowance from her company to buy anything she wants with it and decided to get an iPad for herself. She was initially thinking of getting the iPad 2 and save the $100 bucks over the new iPad, but after seeing the new iPad's screen in the store and the fact that its' got upgraded guts, she decided to forgo the savings and get the new iPad..

When we got it home we did a quick comparison between the iPad 2 and the new iPad and the screen quality is just drastically improved in the new one and totally worth the extra money. Not to mention it has a very key upgrades that speed up graphics and regular processing as well..

So my vote is for the new iPad..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.