iPhone Email Difficulties - IMAP to POP account

Reaction score
Hi there. I currently have 3 email accounts set up on my iPhone. The primary one has recently somehow changed itself from a IMAP account to a POP account. I can no longer access older emails, like I had been able to with my IMAP account. The other two emails have stayed IMAP accounts. Is there any way for me to change it back. I am thinking that this may have been caused by me beginning to use the Mail app on my MacBook? Not sure, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

Any reason you don't delete the account that has become a POP account and add it back in as IMAP? Nothing in the Mail app on your Macbook should affect the accounts on the iPhone..

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Raz0rEdge, thanks for the welcome.
I am going to try that in the morning, will let you know how it goes! Thank you.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi again Raz0rEdge, tried deleting and re-adding the troublesome hotmail account today. Not sure why but I wasn't prompted to change the account from POP to IMAP, so the problem remains. Any tips? Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.