Ipod Nano Clones, Copies, Knockoffs and Fakes

A

aussie149

Prepare to be amazed at teh number of companies in Shenshen, Guangdong province in China, who are making a living out of faking the ipod nanos. Forty? Fifty? Who knows, they grow every day, adn fear of Apple is a mere nuisance for most of them, although soem are running scared. I have been investigating thsi industry and writtne an article abou ***, with lots o fpics and links fro the curious. Check out my blog at

http://aussie149.wordpress.com/

Just today, one of the companies involved has launched onto ebay with theri model(s).Same company, Maxspeed, is now online with a product which is pictured in one place as a nano, in another as the “nano two” model [see below]

Maxspeed nano on eBay

Maxspeed ebay

..it even has an “Apple” number MA099LL/A etc, has 1, 1.5 and 2GB and takes expansion cards.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/mac_images/images/icons/icon12.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You spell like that, but wrote an article? ;)

Hint: Ctrl-click in a text-field in Safari and select 'Check spelling as you type' :)

I read the article though, very interesting!
Never thought there were THAT many knockoffs.

OP
A

aussie149

Oh, dear, my slip is showing..

As a former English teacher, I am mortified whenever my poor typing skills let me down. I shouldn’t send messages very late at night ;-(. So, for aptmunich, djlee12 and myself, here is what I meant to say:

Prepare to be amazed at the number of companies in Shenzhen, Guangdong province in China, who are making a living out of faking the iPod nanos. Forty? Fifty? Who knows? They grow every day, and fear of Apple is a mere nuisance for most of them, although some are running scared. I have been investigating this industry and written an article about the nano clones/copies/fakes, with lots of pics and links for the curious. Check out my blog at

Blog: On Macs and Other things

Just today, one of the companies involved has launched onto eBay with their model(s). The company, Maxspeed, is now online with a product which is pictured in one place as a nano, in another as the “nano two” model [a quite pretty model which is derived from, rather than a straight copy of, the nano]

eBay Nano fake

..it even has an “Apple” machine number MA099LL/A* etc, has 1, 1.5 and 2GB and takes expansion cards.

* I believe this is the number of the nano 2GB model

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yay! Well done Aussie149!
Nice article - why not try submitting it to iLounge.com?
They sometimes post iPod reports from other countries...

OP
A

aussie149

Genuine!

IPOD_Earphone_(PHN0001R).jpg
[/IMG]

Must be genuine AppLe!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.