Powerbook Trackpad Button Problems

P

pcleaveland

Hello all, I am new here and I am having a problem with my Powerbook's trackpad button. I did some searching around here, and failed to find a definitive answer, so I will ask again.

I have had my powerbook G4 15" 1.5ghz for a little over a year now, which puts it just outside Apple's complimentary support. Recently the trackpad button has been acting a bit odd. To get it to register a click, you have to press much harder than normal. Then, when it finally does register the click, it is more often than not a double click. The double-clicking on sigle click issue seems to come and go sporatically though.

This is extremely annoying, as I am a professional DJ who uses my powerbook up to 5 nights a week with Rane Serato Scratch. The double clicking reduces my functionality in Serato, as well as general use. I bought a Mighty Mouse for the time being, but it would be nice to find some resolution to this.

Anyone else having this issue with their Powerbooks? Anyone find a solution to this?

I am thinking I am going to have to pay to have this fixed, but I don't know what would be cheaper, calling Apple ($49) or taking it in to a local Apple Service place and having them take it apart ($60/hour).

Please help!?!?!?

OP
B

Bmw M Power05

first off im not trying to hi jack this thread

but i am also on the same page, i too have a 1.5ghz powerbook but mines about 5-6 months old. My track pad seems like it doesnt want to move shortly after my computer comes out of Sleep mode. At first i thought it was just slow waking back up but sometimes this issue will go on for about 2 minutes. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Give Apple a call and see what they say: I'm pretty sure they only charge the fee if you're asking for technical support with things like software issues...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.