minimum resolution on a mbp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMaci3, Macbook Pro, iPad Air
Should I be able to get 640 X 480 on my new macbook pro as the specs tell me I can? If I can't is there a way to force it or new drivers for the intel 4000 to get that? As it stands the lowest option available is 800 X 600.

thank you

macbook pro
13/inch mid 2012
2.5 GHz intel core i5
Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
Mac OS Lion 10.7.4

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you visually impaired? I ask because even at 800 x 600 when everything is large, if you still need it larger, then perhaps you should look at using the "accessibility" options as provided in System Preferences.

To answer your question above, you can not go any lower in resolution than the 800 x 600 provided. You might also consider buying a large external monitor and using it with your new MBP.

By the way, anytime you vary the resolution from the native resolution of your MBP display, you're introducing distortion, so keep that in mind.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMaci3, Macbook Pro, iPad Air
Thank you for the response. My problem is that I am trying to output to an old tv and the tv only accepts 640 X 480. The Sewell 23000 (pc to tv) I bought will output that resolution but only when it receives the same res.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.