Images look terrible on FB when I save for web

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am working on a family session on my new rmbp. I would always run an action for facebook that resizes and sharpens for best quality on FB and I save for web. When I look at the image it looks great on my crumby old pc laptop but blurry now on my mbp? I don't get it. The image looks great in PS6 as I am working on it. I don't understand why then it only looks bad once uploaded to the web on my mbp. I am completely new to mac this week. I must have my images look good to both mac and pc users. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How are you uploading it?

What resolution and jpeg compression are you using?

If you download the image again does it have the same attributes as the file you uploaded?

Reaction score
There may be some compression taking place during the upload and display Have you tried uploading the same image from your PC and see if you get a similar result.

Also what file size are you sending to the web. It may be too big and some reduction is taking place in the background by the web app causing the problem

Try uploading a smaller image say 1000 pixels longest side and see it that makes a difference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
When you say it looks different between the two laptops, are you looking at them via Facebook on both? Facebook does resize and compress uploaded photos. If you are comparing the original photo on one laptop, and checking the Facebook version on the other, then of course they look different.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.