Search Finder for pictures taken with a specific camera

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been searching around and I can't figure out if this is possible. Basically I'm trying to find pictures on my computer/external HDD that I took with my phone in 2010, the Droid. I know iPhoto lets you see the kind of camera the pictures were taken with if you look at the info for a picture, but I'm trying to see if I can do this in Finder... It's possible that I deleted them by mistake. I wish I were more organized with files LOL! Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
All my iPhone pictures show in iPhoto as IMG_1234 etc. A Search in Finder for IMG_ brings them all up.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Great tip, MightyGem. Simple and obvious when mentioned, but still new to me. I've now found the "signature' for each of my cameras and the iPhone.

Thanks.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.