Mountain Lion Upgrade..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core 16GB 240GB 6G SSD+750GB HDD Optibay External USB SuperDrive
I know this probably a direct no answer but just thought I'd still ask. Is there absolutely no way to upgrade an older MacBook to Mountain Lion? Like on a MacBook 2,1.

Also just like to add that I've seen a few different people have been having problems with ML. I upgraded to ML on my Late 2011 15" Pro and not having any problems with it. Just thought I'd put that out there so everyone isn't scared to upgrade to ML. Yes, it's the first production of it. There's going to be a bug or two but not everyone will have issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I know this probably a direct no answer but just thought I'd still ask. Is there absolutely no way to upgrade an older MacBook to Mountain Lion? Like on a MacBook 2,1.

Yes, there is no way. A 64-bit EFI is absolutely required, and a graphics card capable of handling Mountain Lion's 3D acceleration is absolutely required.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.