OS X font and Suitcase X conflicts

C

carlqangel

My specs:

Powerbook G4
1.25 ghz single processor
OS 10.4.2

I've been trying to import a font family (Adobe Jenson Pro) into Suitcase X, but I get a message that says some of the fonts within that family conflict with the fonts in the system folder, and that I should remove some of the fonts from the system folder in order to be able to import the rest of the fonts.

However, it doesn't say which fonts to remove, and after removing a few of them (via rebooting in OS 9), it caused havoc when I restarted in OS X. How do I resolve this and how do I know which fonts to remove?

Thanks,

Carl

OP
K

keithkid

There should be an option after you install the fonts. I think it is called manage duplicates under "tools" menu. I never touch my system fonts. If there is a duplicate invovled with the system fonts I leave the system font alone.

You can also use the option to overwite system fonts in the suitcase preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.