how to transfer a file from my Mac to an external hard disk ??

Reaction score
hey guys ..
anyone can help me?? I want to transfer a folder from my Mac to an external hard disk but it is not working with me I mean I dnt know how to do that!!
so plz help ^^:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini Late 2014, OS 11.2.3, 2.6GB i5, 16GB ram, 1TB HDD
hey guys ..
anyone can help me?? I want to transfer a folder from my Mac to an external hard disk but it is not working with me I mean I dnt know how to do that!!
so plz help ^^:Grimmace:
If you want to put it on the root of the external drive, you can open its current location in the Finder and just drag the folder from the right pane to the drive icon on the sidebar.

If you want to put it in a folder that is already on the external you can open its current location in the Finder, open the destination folder in a second Finder window, and drag it from one window to the other.

Alternatively you can highlight the folder and Copy (Cmd+C) then highlight the destination icon and Paste (Cmd+V). There are multiple ways to do it, whichever suits your fancy.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
How is the external drive formatted?

If it is formatted NTFS as it might be if originally used with a Windows machine, you can read from it but not write to it without 3rd Party drivers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a "Community Suggest or Feedback". Thread moved here to the "Switcher" forum. Please read our forum descriptions before posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.