Key on my keyboard not working (2006 MacBook)

Reaction score
Model Number: a1150
2006 MacBook Pro

Ok I bought a MacBook with a broken hard drive disassembled it and replaced it with an SSD I had around. Installed Snow Leopard and everything is fine except the C button wasn't working. So I pulled out the button and the little plastic suction thing falls off with it, and even hitting it from the inside doesn't work. I'm hoping that plastic piece wasn't supposed to work by putting air pressure on it or something. Any idea how I can get that to work. I'm using an external keyboard right now. Btw this is my first MacBook...

Any help would be appreciated!

OP
S
Reaction score
Any good key remaping app? I tried two but they didn't have options to change a key to c. Im using a virtual keyboard for now. Also I just lost my m key. I am sure the two keys are completely gone so im thinking that I should replace the entire keyboard I saw a guide on ifixit but I found the part for cheaper on ebay.
New "genuine" apparently and from china.
Genuine US Layout Keyboard APPLE Macbook Pro 15" A1150 A1211 A1226 A1260 Laptop | eBay
or
used with 6 mounth warrenty
MacBook Pro 15" (Model A1150) Keyboard (922-7183) - iFixit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.