Help using PCSX reloaded on Macbook Pro with a PS3 controller/gamepad.

Reaction score
So I downloaded PCSX reloaded so that I could play my copy of FF7 on my macbook pro. The game works (albeit a bit choppy, if anyone also has any advice on how to lessen choppiness it'd be much appreciated!), but I cannot get my PS3 controller to be detected by PCSX. It is connected via bluetooth and says "configured" and I favorited the controller because I read that's what you need to do, yet whenever I go into the controller configurations in PCSX it only says "keyboard only" and isn't recognizing my controller. In any tutorials I've seen on YouTube the person just connects the controller and goes into the config. menu and it automatically says Playstation 3 Controller. Is there something I'm missing?

I also have a Gravis Gamepad Pro that I thought I might be able to use, but it is rather old from about 2005 and I don't know if there is a way to configure it with my macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.